Sunday, March 15, 2009

Electrical problems

I wanted to put a quick note out there because I haven't blogged about some health issues I've been going through for the last few months. When I was sick with flu-type stuff around Christmas and visiting my doctor, I made a casual reference about feeling some heart palpitations, or "blips" or whatever you want to call them. Things sort of snowballed from there... cardiologist visits, stress tests, heart monitors. This all leads up to tomorrow.

In the morning I'll be going to Cooper Hospital to get some tests and/or procedures done to try and fix my problems. As far as I understand, and in completely non-technical terms, I have some miscommunication between the different electrical nodes in my heart. Sometimes I have a "blip", where my heart speeds up for a few seconds, and sometimes my heart races and I don't know it's happening. That's about the best I can break it down for you. I'll be getting a tilt table test and probably the EP Study. I'm sure I'll understand it a little better once I talk to the doctors who actually do these things. I'll try to report on more of the details when I can make sense out of them.

I'd be lying if I said I'm totally relaxed about this stuff. Mostly, I have tried not to think about it too much, which only works sometimes. I like to think I'm not a worrier and I can handle all the stress that is built up by this issue, not to mention my job stress, which has snuck up on me quite a bit lately. But at this point, it's not just stress that's got my ticker all messed up. I need to get these things done and put it behind me.

My appointment is at 10am on 3/16. I'll do my best to send an update ASAP. I might have to stay over 1 night but I won't know that until it's done.

Choose Wisely

No comments: